Posts Tagged oauth
I released version 2.0.0 beta 1 today to the beta channel. The major change in version 2.0 is switching to OAuth2 for authentication because Google deprecated the ClientLogin method that previous versions of gContactSync used (it will no longer be supported in April 2015). You can download it here. Just scroll down to Development Channel.
The first time you use version 2.0.0b1 or later you will have to reauthenticate each unique account you synchronize (once per e-mail address, not synchronized address book). Unfortunately gContactSync cannot use your saved e-mail password from Thunderbird any more with OAuth2.
It also adds a hidden preference to change the size of the Notes field in the Edit Contact dialog. To change this preference:
- Go to Menu -> Preferences -> Preferences
- Go to the Advanced -> General tab
- Click Config Editor…
- Click the button saying that you’ll be careful
- Type notesHeight
- Double-click the result and type the desired size, followed by px, for example, 400px
- Close the Config Editor and Preferences windows
If you try the beta please let me know how it works.