Posted by pi in gContactSync on July 7, 2008
Since the last update, I have finished refactoring all of my code except for the code that converts contacts from one format to the other to make it more object-oriented.
I have applied the most recent patch in Bug 413260, which, among many other things, removes specific attributes from nsIAbCard and uses a hash table to store attributes. Since custom attributes can be added and retrieved easily and quickly, I have started synchronizing more information. From now on, the extension will depend on bug 413260, thus Thunderbird 3.0a2pre and above. There will be more changes in that bug, and I will adapt my extension to each new patch.
I may add my own instantiation of nsIAbDirectory, as suggested by my mentor. This would bring several advantages in the future.
I will probably add an overlay to the card view to show some attributes that gContactSync adds (such as additional e-mail addresses and screen name types).
attributes, bug 413260, gcontactsync, nsiabdirectory, overlay, properties, refactor
Fusion theme by digitalnature | powered by WordPress
Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS) ^