Posts Tagged 0.1b1
The first beta version of my extension has been released with several changes and a new tutorial. The manual postal address modifications of the last two versions are no longer necessary. Feedback on the new method of syncing addresses and the extension in general is appreciated since I would like to put the add-on on addons.mozilla.org soon. It is still a test release, so there may be bugs.
- New, painless, method of synchronizing postal addresses
- Improved mail list/group synchronization
- Full support for the trunk build of Thunderbird after Bug 413260 (Shredder 3.0b1pre 20080807xx or so and beyond)
- Much easier initial setup
- Improved duplicate detection
- Slightly improved error logging (more improvements to come)
- Support for Google Apps accounts (Hosted) – actually fixed in 0.1a2
- Bug 19718 – P1 – Synchronize Addresses without extra work
- Bug 19714 – P2 – support for gmail apps (actually fixed in 0.1a2)
- Bug 19715 – P1 – no support for multiple accounts
- Error when syncing during very heavy traffic use
Again, you must take a few steps to move from version 0.1a1 to 0.1b1 since there are so many changes. These steps are very important! After the first release updates should become much easier.
- Backup your address books and Google Contacts again.
- Perform one last synchronization and then rename the synchronized address book as a backup (Right-click it -> Properties and choose a new name). Don’t update the preference for the name now or after re-installing the extension and you can delete it once you sync for the first time.
- Close the Address Book window
- In the main Thunderbird window go to Tools -> Add-ons and select gContactSync and press the Options (Preferences) button.
- Click the Remove auth token button and close the Preferences window.
- Uninstall gContactSync (Uninstall button in Tools -> Add-ons)
- Download and install the new version. The flash tutorial has changed and setup is much easier.