Posts Tagged 0.1a2
I have just released another alpha (testing) version of gContactSync with some bug fixes and a few new features.
- Mail Lists in Thunderbird and Groups in Google Contacts are now synchronized. You can rename, add, or remove groups or add or remove the cards to and from them.
- There is a new preference for disabling automatic synchronization. Manual synchronization is possible by clicking on the Sync button in the Address Book’s toolbar.
- During the first use, a directory named “Google Contacts” was made before the name was chosen.
- Viewing and copying cards from an LDAP server sometimes caused errors.
- Supporting Google-hosted accounts
- A few other small fixes
The transition from 0.1a1 to 0.1a2 – Important
You must take a few steps to move from version 0.1a1 to 0.1a2 since there are so many changes. These steps are very important!
- Backup your address books and Google Contacts again.
- Perform one last synchronization and then rename the synchronized address book (Right-click it -> Properties and choose a new name). Don’t update the preference for the name now or after re-installing the extension.
- Close the Address Book window
- In the main Thunderbird window go to Tools -> Add-ons and select gContactSync and press the Options (Preferences) button.
- Click the Remove auth token button and close the Preferences window.
- Uninstall gContactSync
- Download and install the new version. The flash tutorial hasn’t changed, so install it like last time.
When uploading a newer version of my flash tutorial on my slow home connection an automatic synchronization started and failed (status bar read Syncing…) leaving this in the Error Console:
Error: [Exception… “Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.status]” nsresult: “0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)” location: “JS frame :: chrome://gcontactsync/content/HttpRequest.js :: anonymous :: line 115” data: no]
Source File: chrome://gcontactsync/content/HttpRequest.js
For now, I am not sure what to do about it. If this happens, try not to sync while uploading a file. I was unable to view any webpages in Firefox when this happened.
Bug 413260 (Thunderbird 3 trunk build only)
It looks like Bug 413260 has nearly landed, but I cannot claim that this version supports the patch. Parts do, but I have not tested many of the new features with it. If you are using Thunderbird 2, 3.0a1, or 3.0a2 this doesn’t affect you in any way.