Archive for January, 2010
I worked on two new Thunderbird/Seamonkey add-ons over winter break. The names aren’t very creative, so let me know if you can think of a better name for either of them.
This add-on displays the photo of the contact from whom the message was sent in the message header of Thunderbird 3 and Seamonkey 2. If a photo cannot be found for the sender then a Gravatar is used.
Please let me know if you have suggestions for this add-on because I just started it today. One possible addition I may make is to replace the default photo with a Gravatar in the Address Book window and new/edit contact dialog as well. I’d also like to center the image in the header.
Also see Bug 469517.
This isn’t technically new, but I recently added it to AMO.
This add-on allows you to customize the default format in which e-mail messages are saved when you manually choose to save one or more messages. It works in Thunderbird 2 and 3 as well as Seamonkey 2. The default in Thunderbird is hardcoded as .eml and cannot be changed when saving multiple messages as far as I can tell.
I plan on releasing 0.3.0a1 before I go back to school on January 11th.
Here’s a basic summary of its features. This wiki article has more details.
- Can synchronize your Google Contacts (Gmail, Google Apps, etc.) with Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Supports multiple Google Accounts and Address Books
- Groups in Google can be synchronized with individual Address Books or mailing lists in one AB
- Each Address Book can be synchronized with one of the following:
- All contacts and all groups with mailing lists
- One specific group
- All contacts
- Every synchronized AB can have its own custom settings
- You can choose to complete synchronize your contacts (so Thunderbird matches Google), to only read changes from Google but never apply TB’s changes, or to only write to Google and never apply changes made remotely.
- Contact photos are downloaded and displayed in Thunderbird 3 & Seamonkey 2.
Here’s a brief changelist since the last post. Download here.
- Fixes some bugs with read-only mode
- Compatible with Seamonkey 2.0
- Fixes a bug encountered when manually deleting a contact from Thunderbird
- Fake/dummy e-mail addresses are now only added to new contacts when necessary (only when the contact is in one or more mailing lists). Reset and sync again to remove the unnecessary addresses, or just edit the contact.
- Adds a Korean (ko-KR) locale – thanks to Han, Dong-yoo
- Updated Spanish (es-ES) locale – thanks to RigoNet
- Improved name parsing for Asian names (thanks to Han, Dong-yoo)