Archive for September, 2008
I have finally released version 0.1.0 of gContactSync. You can download it here.
- Spanish (es-ES) locale – Thank you Guillermo Klew! Note: I just added a few more strings and didn’t have time to ask for help, so if you see any poor translations, they’re my fault. 😉
- Improved logging
- Clicking on the status bar text in the bottom right brings up the log
- Added a preference to disable verbose logging (not recommended)
- Improved account management and preferences
- Updated to work with Thunderbird 3.0b1. The extension says it works with Thunderbird 3.0b2pre, but 0.1.0 might not work in a few months if the address book has more changes. I’ll try to release an update before anything major is committed.
Thunderbird 3.0b1 will have fields for storing birthdays. While Google doesn’t, you can still synchronize these fields by replacing three of the extended properties with BirthDay, BirthMonth, and BirthYear.
If you think you have found a bug or would like to request a new feature, please comment here, e-mail me, or write a bug report.
- A user filed bug 19959 showing the wrong icon for the Sync toolbar button. If this happens to you, too, please let me know your OS, version of Thunderbird/Shredder (Help -> About), and if you are using the default theme.
- Bug 19964 – Log file window is too small in Thunderbird 3.0b1pre. This has been fixed and the fix will be included in version 0.1.1